Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I am Shaving my Head!

As I have said before, I refuse to let cancer take my hair! An amazing opportunity has presented itself to me whereby rather than my hair going to waste and falling out in clumps on my pillow, on my floor, in my car, in my food, in my family's food, etc...I am able to shave it while raising money for a great cause! I will be shaving my head on March 17th when just days later my second round of chemo would have taken my hair anyway...talk about God's perfect timing!!

Na-na na-na boo boo cancer!

Please take a moment to watch the following video of a past St. Baldrick's event then please be so kind as to support me in my fundraising efforts to find a cure for childhood cancers! I will be among many other participants (including my husband and son) who will be shaving their heads to stand in solidarity with children everywhere fighting the battle with cancer!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYelqv5557k&feature=youtube_gdata_player


Please click on this link to go to my St. Baldrick's Day homepage!

http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/LisaBakos

Thank you and God bless you!

Lisa

3 comments:

Julie said...

John and Lauren and Tommy and I will be there to cheer you on! One or two of us may even join you in shaving our heads!

Love you!

Aunt Wild Roz said...

I've been tracking the progress of this fund raising event, and you're doing quite well. You've set quite a lofty goal for yourself, and I've all the confidence in the world that you'll make it. That's what we cancer chicks do, eh?!

Anonymous said...

My Lisa,
I have something you might want to try...I have used it before and it helps. Use the love in your heart to offer all the fear and any pain...everything that goes along with Chemo-it is redemptive!!- to help the Holy Souls in Purgatory. They in turn help you and I know they will! Boy! You could get thousands into heaven! I will continue to pray for you too-I love you and am close in heart-OXOX-Aunt Ellen