Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It Could Work!

Well, today I had my first of four Taxol treatments. I was particularly nervous because it is a chemo drug that is highly allergenic. It is administered very slowly (over four hours) so they can monitor any possible drug reactions.

They watch you like a hawk for any hives, redness, itching, difficulty breathing, sudden death (LOL), etc. Any indication of a bad reaction and they are standing by and prepared to 'reverse' the drug at a moments notice!

Thanks in large part to God, I seem to be accepting the drug, and thanks in small part to massive doses of steroids and Benadryl! Yawn!!!

After my marathon treatment, I filmed my oncologist's reaction to this apparent success....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10KObAQFmlY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

2 comments:

Aunt Wild Roz said...

By the time you get through this whole ordeal, we're going to have seen this whole damn movie! Keep up the great production!

Dad, with Love, said...

YES, IT COULD AND IT WILL!