Sunday, April 29, 2012

Life Without Lashes

Well, I'm down to my last few eye lashes.

I never appreciated the true purpose of eye lashes until now - their job is to keep lint, gnats, fuzz, fingers, flying objects, etc. from entering the eye. Much like whiskers on a cat, they help sense when something is getting too close for comfort.

I miss my eyelashes, honestly, more than I miss my hair!

Ironically, the slow growing eyebrows are the last to go. So I figure they'll pop out right around my last chemo! Can't wait to see what life without eyebrows brings....

4 comments:

Julie G. said...

You just made me thankful for something so small and tiny, but great in its function. Amazing how are bodies were designed...

You are still so beautiful, even when hairless.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Fake lashes just came into my mind...can you do that? I wonder if they have some really good ones that stay on a long time...It would be worth it and you can brush on some eyebrows:)
I love you through all of this!!
XXXOOO~Aunt Ellen

Aunt Wild Roz said...

How about false eyelashes? And you can always draw your own eyebrows - that always looks sooooooo natural, eh? Oh wait...there's movie star sunglasses too! Seriously, though, the hospital should have a place where you can get wigs, scarves, hats, make-up tips, cheap massages, etc. I really took advantage of that! Keep the Faith, baby!

Mom said...

Lashes are but a teeny tiny part of you, and they'll be back. OK? So hang in there my Love!