Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Half Way There!!!

I'm sitting in the chemotherapy infusion room as I type this. I'm hooked up to the last dosing of the two drugs Adriamycin and Cytoxan. These two chemotherapy drugs are poison at its finest. I pray they have completed their mission to seek out and destroy any rogue cancer cells that could be roaming throughout my body. But as much as I have hated these two drugs with a passion, they are actually two of my greatest friends. And though I've needed them these past two months, I'm now quite thrilled to see them go, as they must make way for the next chemotherapy in the queue - Taxol. Two weeks from today, I begin this next phase of four 4 hour treatments administered every other week through June 13th...just in time for summer!

I intend to face this next challenge in the following manner:

4 comments:

Julie G. said...

"Oh, we're half way there. Oh, Oh, livin' on a prayer. Take my hand, we'll make it I swear. Oh, Oh...livin' on a prayer." Bon Jovi

Your cupcake looks more like a bowlcake, but yummy nonetheless!

Love You!!!

Mom said...

YOU ARE MY CUPCAKE!

Aunt Wild Roz said...

Congratulations! And good luck with the second chapter of this journey. Ah, my friend Taxol. That's the one that almost killed me and put me in the hospital for a week. But only because being the freak of nature that I am, it happened to be the one drug in existence that I'm allergic to! But they always find the cocktail that works for you. Happy buzzing!

Mom said...

YOU ARE MY CUPCAKE