Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Kindness of Strangers...

I have been forever changed by the kindness of my family members and cherished friends. Along with my growing faith, it has been the foundation of my positive attitude during this difficult time in my life.

I have also been greatly touched by unexpected acts of kindness from several strangers along this journey. One woman, in particular, approached me with a smile, a hug, and the simple phrase "It grows back, curly!" as she twirled her fingers through her short, curly, darling bob.

I hope I can help a stranger someday in the same way her kindness helped me that day and everyday since.

"Forget not to show love unto strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.". Hebrews 13:2

2 comments:

Aunt Wild Roz said...

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brother of mine, you did for me.'" - Matthew 25:40

Julie G. said...

The verse about angels is one of my favorites. It makes us look at the world in a whole new way and moves us to be angels for others.

The fact that you recognized and appreciated her comment and hug as a gift is a blessing : )