Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy (cough, cough) Easter!

Well, I developed a painful respiratory infection, as chemotherapy has weakened my immune system. This turn of events required a lengthy visit to the Emergency Room, and I must say I was amazed at the VIP treatment I received as a result of being a cancer patient...at least I was amazed until I got a glimpse of myself in a passing window and realized I looked like I was on death's doorstep...good to know the treatment is so nice when people think you're actually dying...as in, moments from death! Of course, I'm not, nor was I actually at death's door, but it's amazing how one infection can make you look and feel that way. Maybe I should dig out the old makeup bag and blush....

I write this post at 4am because the coughing, and the Easter bunny, woke me and I cannot get back to sleep.

My mother always told me "offer up your worries and suffering for Christ" as Jesus did suffer an unimaginable amount for us, and we are reminded of this often, especially at Easter. I know I can offer up my suffering, I know I want to, I know I will.

"And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.". Matthew 28:20

God bless and Happy Easter!!!

XO

Lisa

2 comments:

Julie G. said...

Hope you had a Happy Easter anyway and hope you are feeling better soon!
Hang in there, sis.
Love you.
xoxoj

Aunt Wild Roz said...

Oh, Honey, I know how you feel! Once I couldn't attend Meghan's birthday party cause I had to be "shut in" away from others because of my immune system. Kind Jerry went and took photos for me. Another time I had to be admitted to the hospital to get blood cause my own was so lacking in certain cells cause of chemo. And then there was the time I had a bad reaction to my chemo cocktail and was admitted to the hospital for a week - at which time they put in a feeding tube cause I couldn't eat cause of radiation messing up my throat. And one time I was sick and laying on a couch in the doctor's waiting room while waiting to see my surgeon. And many Saturdays I had to go to the Chemo Party Room to get a special shot for my immune system. No chemo administered on weekends, so I always brought the staff donuts for having to come in for people like me. There's always something. But I always got through it, and so will you. It sharpens your appreciation for what's important in life! And don't worry about how you look! Once I cried and cried at a Christmas Program for grand kids cause I looked so bad. I was so upset that my grand kids didn't have their beautiful grandma anymore. But they hugged and kissed me me in the same loving manner as always. And I'm back to being beautiful again! ;-) I'm praying for your mental and physical strength. Love to you.