Friday, May 4, 2012

Trust God's Ways...

This new chemotherapy drug, Taxol, comes with the same old side effects and some new ones. The ones that are the same are nausea, fatigue, headache, and just a general feeling of yuckiness!! The new side effects are soreness, tingling, and numbness in my toes and fingertips, along with pain in my chest when I take a deep breath. It is terrible, but I have to believe it means the drugs are killing cancer cells too.

Which brings me to this: Trust God's Ways!

I can personally attest to this! I have had to go through horrible things, and I have more horrible things to come! But I know that God is making me a better person, mother, wife, friend, daughter, and most importantly a better Christian! I'm not glad I am going through this ordeal, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I trust in God's ways now, more than ever!

"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him." (Psalm 62:5 NLT)

"You know God does not do bad things. But sometimes you may fail to realize that everything that feels bad to you is not necessarily bad for you. Reminding yourself that His ways are not your ways will help you trust Him even when your circumstances are hard to understand. As this busy day comes to a close, just put yourself in the hands of almighty God, and rest in the knowledge that He is good and knows what's best."

From the book Ending Your Day Right by Joyce Meyer. Copyright 2004 by Joyce Meyer. Published by FaithWords. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

Julie G. said...

I can see His light shining throuh you in the darkness : )

Aunt Wild Roz said...

Tough times never last; tough people do.

My Friend! I love you!

Thought For The Day:
GOOD looks catch the eye, but a GOOD personality catches the heart. You're blessed with both!