Sunday, May 13, 2012

Quality vs. Quantity

My third grade son wrote 'Mom is an Angle' on his homemade Mother's Day gift to me. I love it even more than had he spelled angel correctly. I was happily reminded I have lots of time left with him at home.

Sadly, I was also reminded about how fast the time flies...my high school junior is only a year away from leaving for college and my high school freshman is almost a sophomore. I feel as though cancer stole so much time from all of us this past year.

The only upside is, that although cancer stole large quantities of our time together, it has forever, and for the better, changed the quality of our time together...and for that I am truly grateful.

Appreciate the ones you love and tell them how you feel every chance you get!

Artwork by Josef & Jillian

4 comments:

Aunt Wild Roz said...

Lisa, These cards are awesome! I miss the days of homemade cards from my "little" boys, but at least now I'm getting them from grand kids. Isn't it comforting to know that Jillian loves you "warts and all"? (Are those warts on your feet - at an angle?)

Sue Groves said...

I'm so thrilled to know what a lovely Mother's Day you had....hugs to Josef and my best to Jillian and Alex.

I loved the video you shared from U Tube.

Love,
Sue (BHS'59)

Karen Vaca said...

You couldn't be more right!! Unfortunately or Fortunately - we learned that lesson the same way. We were already a very close family, but since my daughter's cancer - we became even closer. At 20 and 17, I love the fact that my kids want to be around us every day!! Hugs never get old no matter how old they get!!!
Love you,
Karen

Julie G. said...

What beautiful cards and sentiments and what a special Mother's Day for you all.