Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3, 2, 1!

Today is my third to last chemotherapy! I'm counting the days until I'm done! Next to me, there are two ladies popping bottles of sparkling cider celebrating their last treatments...something I look forward to doing as well.

My brother is here with me today...the same brother I tortured (lovingly) when we were kids...I once placed pretzel sticks in every orifice on his head (ears, nose, mouth) as he napped on the couch only to laugh hysterically when he awoke dazed with several dozen Mr. Salty's all over his face. He had to endure the Knee Roller Bone Smasher (being pinned down while I ground my knees into his bicep muscles) and probably much more than I can remember but he probably hasn't forgotten, yet he is sitting here with me today for the next five and a half hours.

I guess I was a better sister to him more often than not...he sure is a good brother to me.

2 comments:

Julie G. said...

If you put a scarf on Rick and shaved his face, you two would look like twins!

I am proud to be a sister to you both!

Mom said...

I'm very proud of you Two!