Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Will I Break or Will I Bend?

With my last chemo approaching, I met with my surgeon to discuss the next surgery in this ongoing process of reconstruction. I am scheduled for a 2 1/2 to 3 hour surgery sometime in August with 4-6 weeks of recovery time to follow. After which I will require one more surgery sometime in October. In late July I will begin oral Tamoxifen and quarterly infusions of Zometa to strengthen my bones and prevent the cancer from returning.

I have wondered several times, when the pain from my mastectomy or from the chemotherapy is at its worst, will I break or will I bend? There are moments, hours, and days when I feel like I will break! But God has not failed to teach me that I will NOT break, I will BEND!

I'm sure anyone who reads my blog can see the enormous leap of faith I have taken as a result of what I have been going through. I can honestly say that without my ever growing faith, I could not have endured this ordeal and I'm so grateful for all I have learned and will continue to learn. I have seen, first hand, the power that prayer possesses (your prayers and mine!) and I am proud to share my experience of being filled with the Holy Spirit, for without it, I would surely break!

"Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well...". James 5:15

Thank you, my dear friends and family, for your prayers.

XO

Lisa

2 comments:

Aunt Wild Roz said...

Good luck with your last chemo tomorrow! Look at the miles you have traveled by taking that one first step months ago. Think of me at your celebration luncheon next week. I'll be here in Nebraska toasting you. (Or as I say to the grand kids, "Wanna do a 'Cheers'?" Good luck with your future milestones. And as always, I'll be praying for you! I love you, Lisa!

Julie G. said...

You have certainly learned how to bend and have taught others how to also.