Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Most Amazing Thing Cancer Can Do...

The most amazing thing cancer can do, is bring your family together like never before, in such a way you did not know could exist! With your family by your side, you're destined to find so many silver linings along the way, they are there at every turn and I can promise this, you don't even have to look for them...they are obvious!!

My family was a huge proponent of chemotherapy as part of my treatment. And they in turn were there for me every difficult step of the way. I'm grateful to them for the constant encouragement, often convincing me I could get through it, even when I was more convinced I could not.

I read this today in a chemotherapy guide book while I was receiving my last treatment - "Of all the facts you should know about chemotherapy, here's the most important one: It may be your single best chance to rid your body of cancer cells."

It was fitting that I saw this statement today, of all days on my last day of treatment. After all the rigorous days of research, second and third opinions, etc., it was affirmation for me that despite all the nasty side effects, chemotherapy is, in the greatest measure, what I believe will kill the cancer in me once and for all.

Thank you to my family, entire extended family, and all my friends, for loving me through it!!

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Here's a picture of me holding my Certificate of Completion, lovingly signed by the staff of Contra Costa Oncology.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,I am very proud of you!! Getting these letters from you as you were going through this made me feel so close to you...
Sending Love and a Hug,Aunt Ellen

Julie G. said...

I hope the Certificate of Completion is not the completion of your blog as I have grown accustom to your inspiration : )