Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Prayer For You

Cancer has, without a doubt, touched all of us at some point in our lives in one way or another. And though cancer will surely bring suffering and pain, it will also give you cause to be a better person. I pray for those who have already been touched by cancer, I pray for those who continue to be touched by cancer, and I pray for the rest of you that if cancer does touch you, it will only be from a great distance.

For all of us, I pray we continue to take care of each other the best we can and that we never take for granted the gift of family and friendship.

I know I never will.

The one prayer I continued to repeat like a mantra throughout this past difficult year was "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." And I have found these words to be true. But I also believe that through no coincidence, Christ has blessed me with such an amazing family and group of friends, that now the prayer I say is "I can do all things through Christ, and my family and friends, who strengthen me."

May God bless and watch over you every day!

XO

Lisa

2 comments:

Sue Groves said...

I'm sorry that it has been so long since I posted here. I have been in and out of town with trips that have been very nice, but leave me constantly playing catch up. Even so, I read your posts and keep you in my prayers. I continue to be inspired by your faith and gratitude in the midst of all that the cancer and it's treatment has brought your way.

Aunt Wild Roz said...

Thank you for that prayer, Lisa! I do so love it when I'm prayed for!