Thursday, August 2, 2012

Zometa is Taxol's Evil Sister

11:29 AM Thursday, the morning after receiving the Zometa infusion.

After a full month of starting to feel better, the Zometa has knocked me back to the awful memory and pain of getting Taxol again. I'm reminded that at this moment, if I my cancer came back, I would not go through chemotherapy again.

I try to remember what it felt like in Hawaii, the ocean beside me, sipping iced tea...my memory betrays me and I can only think of pain and suffering because at the moment, I can only feel pain and suffering.

And still, my laundry taunts me, letting me know it waits for no one.

Curse you cancer!

Even my cats are worried.

1 comment:

Julie G. said...

Sorry you are back in pain :(
This, too, will soon be a memory.

I can't get over how much you and Josef look a like, now that your hair is like his.

Hang in there, sis.