Saturday, August 25, 2012

I Can Do All Things

Thank you for lifting me up in your prayers and for the notes and messages of love. I am, slowly but surely, beginning to feel better. I know I am better for having gone through this, and I am reminded so by the verse below:

"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:12, 13 NLT)

Photo: Shamrocks born of bulbs my sister collected from my late grandmother's belongings:
"Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come."

2 comments:

Julie G. said...

Perfect and beautiful verse.
And, you will do this and more.

It is nice to know the same shamrocks sit in my kitchen. Facing the sun by day and resting, closed, at night...so delicate, yet strong and hardy at the same time.

Thanks, Jerri!

Aunt Wild Roz said...

So glad you're feeling better, and hope you continue to do so. Remember, without God, our week would be: Sinday, Mournday, Tearsday, Wasteday, Thirstday, Fightday and Shatterday. The shamrocks are beautiful, and apparently lucky! I continue to pray for you. Love,