Sunday, July 22, 2012

Celebrating the end of Chemo

It's been almost 6 weeks since my last chemo. I've since started the Lupron shots and the Tamoxifen. So far, other than expected bone pain and frequent hot flashes, it's been going pretty well.

To celebrate the end of my chemo, we took our kids and my parents to Disney's Aulani resort, where we can relax, have some fun, and forget about cancer for awhile.

As we were enjoying the sun, Minnie, Mickey, Goofy and friends came out by the pool, dancing to Hawaiian music...it made me happy when my 17 year old was still eager to pose for a picture with me and Minnie. After all the months of pain, illness, and sometimes sadness, it sure feels good to have my happy, smiling family around me, on a beach with a couple of mice and all their friends.

Aloha

Lisa

2 comments:

Aunt Wild Roz said...

I understand completely. Rats are right at home in this family! Have a glass of "tiny bubbles" for me.

Julie G. said...

Looks like a blast! So glad u r having a great time!