Friday, December 2, 2011

Silver Lining #4

My husband, my father, my brothers, my brothers-in-law, my sons, my uncles. Here's to the strong men in my life.

Steve read the article below regarding parsley and it's possible cancer fighting qualities....since then he's been putting chopped fresh parsley on everything I eat! I will not be surprised if he starts topping my desserts! As I said before, I'm the luckiest girl in the world!

PARSLEY:

May help: Inhibit breast cancer-cell growth.
University of Missouri scientists found that this herb can actually inhibit breast cancer-cell growth, reported Holly Pevzner in the September/October 2011 issue of EatingWell Magazine. In the study, animals that were given apigenin, a compound abundant in parsley (and in celery), boosted their resistance to developing cancerous tumors. Experts recommend adding a couple pinches of minced fresh parsley to your dishes daily.

4 comments:

Aunt Wild Roz said...

Yes, this family has always been blessed with men of a special breed! But Parsley? Well, you know what they say? "Couldn't hurt...might help!" Keep up the good work, Steve!

CCibulsky said...

Just wanted you to know the Cibulsky's are thinking about you and praying for you. Keep the faith! Enjoy the Parsley. :-)

Anonymous said...

Turmeric is another one for that...
I started taking it for arthritis then learned it was good for so many things!
I want you to know I ditto everything Jenny said-your are our Brave One-you give us strength and hope! We Love you so much!!
OX~Aunt Ellen

Uncle Jim said...

Back in the day we used to smoke parsley...oh wait a minute that was something else. (:

Love, Uncle Jim