Monday, March 7, 2016

Bittersweet Book Release

Tomorrow marks the culmination of almost four years of hard work, revisions, and the ups and downs (mostly ups!) on the road to publication. The book birthday for my debut children's picture book The Wrong Side of the Bed (GP Putnam's Sons/Penguin Young Readers) is tomorrow, March 8th!


Please view the book trailer here http://youtu.be/L5PrnWjrN6U

As of tomorrow, the book is available everywhere online and at your neighborhood bookstores. The story follows a little girl who wakes up on the wrong side of the bed to a menagerie of mayhem making animals and only one bunny slipper. A subtle hint suggests that flexibility is the secret to looking on the bright side of things and changing outcomes, even on the rainiest of days. 

So on the bright side...as I mentioned, my book releases tomorrow!! Unfortunately, however, cancer has once again crept into my life as my father has been diagnosed with high grade bladder cancer. With his surgery today, I'm asking for all the thoughts and prayers you can muster. 

As my book The Wrong Side of the Bed comes about, I'm looking on the bright side and giving thanks for gifted surgeons and a successful outcome with little to no pain for my father today. 

And remember, when life gives you one bunny slipper, reach for your galoshes instead. 

No comments: