Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Better, Stronger, Faster

It was one year ago yesterday that I had my double mastectomy - a dreadful experience I am so grateful is behind me. After my last reconstructive surgery in early December, I'm am finally on my way to becoming better, stronger, faster - wait, isn't that the slogan for the Six Million Dollar Man? Well, even so, it applies to me too! I'm walking my dogs everyday rain or shine, loving being with my family and good friends, writing, cooking, gardening, and enjoying every glorious minute of each day...even those occasional days when I've picked up one too many pairs of dirty socks and underwear, had a car break down, burned spaghetti, and cleaned up cat barf from my newly cleaned carpets...yes indeed, it feels great to be alive!

Here's a couple of pictures from a Sunday drive Steve and I took with Josef a few days ago...as you can see, I have about two inches of hair!

xo

Lisa









2 comments:

Julie G. said...

Can't believe it's been a year! You've come a long way in your recovery. So happy for you. It looks like you chose a perfect Sunday for your drive too.

Aunt Wild Roz said...

One year already? Just remember, God closes doors no man can open, and
God opens doors no man can close. What a beautiful day for a drive, eh?