Sunday, November 11, 2012

One for My Bucket List

I'm 48 years old, I've battled and (hopefully) beat cancer...and I've never been to Europe. Seems strange to mash those three facts together in one sentence, but they really are all inter-related.

With my fancy new haircut, suitcase full of boots, sweaters, and hats, Steve is taking me along on his business trip to Munich, followed by a romantic vacation to Paris.

In the throws of chemo and recovering from various surgeries, I never could have imagined a trip like this would ever be possible...but here I am, about to board my Business Class seats - a splurge for us! Yippee!

Admittedly, I'm a little anxious about the long flight, as well as being so far from my kids for so long, but I believe God wouldn't see me through cancer only to land my plane in the Atlantic...tee hee.

I am blessed! Pictures to follow! Bon Jour, Bon Voyage, and LIFE GOES ON!

2 comments:

Julie G. said...

Have an awesome trip!!!

Rachel said...

Yippee Lisa!!! I hope you and Steve have a WONDERFUL time! You deserve it! We're looking forward to seeing pictures

XOXO

Rachel, Rich, Louie, Jade, Jewel, Rosie and the rest of the TNS gang